Working together to make school a positive experience
We are aware that this year will be a different intake and we would normally do many things to help your child and you settle into school but unfortunately they will not be possible this year due to the current circumstances.
We would like to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to help the transition into school be as smooth as possible. To enable this to happen we will need to start working together to help your child settle into school as well as they can. Here are some things we have planned or have done to help your child settle and also some things you can do to help them settle once they are in school.
Things we are going to do or have already done
- The year leader has spoken to most pre-schools or nurseries to find out information about your child. This will then be used to make up the classes for the year group.
- Do not book a holiday during term time. Absences will not be authorised, and if it is an emergency you will still need to make an appointment with the Headteacher before booking any flights.
- Be on time when dropping off your child in the morning and especially when picking them up at the end of the day. You don’t want your child to think you have forgotten about them!!!!
- Communicate with your child’s teacher; even little things like a bad night’s sleep may be useful to the teacher in school. If anything has happened at home please let us know.
- Make your child’s teacher aware of any health issues your child has. Any medication they need to use in school will need to be signed in at the office.
- Let your teacher know of any allergies your child has (this is NOT things they do not like), the school will need to see a doctor’s note showing this allergy. Your child will then wear a badge at lunchtime to ensure the kitchen staff are aware of the allergies.
- Each class has an email address which you can contact the teacher on:
Please get in contact if you have any questions about starting school. We will be happy to help.