School Involvement through out the year
The following information is an outline of things we would do under normal circumstances. Due to the current situation events may not take place and are subject to change.
As a school we like to involve parents as much as possible and we try to arrange different things throughout the year that we invite you to.
Here are a list of events we may invite you to throughout the year:
- Friday photos- every Friday we open the doors slightly earlier to invite parents in to look at photos of the children throughout the week.
- Curriculum workshops- throughout the year we will run workshops for parents about what your child is learning in school and in these workshops we will give you ways you can help your child at home.
- Creative workshops- throughout the year we will run workshops for parents linked to certain themes- Diwali, Eid, Values etc. These workshops are opportunities for you to work with your child on given activities in the classroom.
- Reading- at some point in the year we will send a book home with your child that they will be able to read and we ask you to hear them read and sign their reading record at least 3 times a week.
- Google Classroom- once your child is settled you will be sent information on your child’s Google Classroom account. This will be where homework will be set weekly and work will be set if there was a class or school closure.
- School trips- we hope to go on school trips throughout the year and we may need help to come along to support and look after the children.
- Family Learning- towards the end of the year we offer a family learning course to parents, this maybe Literacy or Maths based. This course allows you to work with your child on an activity in a small group and then with a tutor to help with your subject knowledge.
- Family worker run courses- throughout the year the family worker will run courses for parents to support them with different areas. (For example- ICT, parenting, learning basic English)