Through the Values Education Programme we aim to:
- Develop pupils' understanding of what values are and why they are important in life.
- Develop pupil’s understanding of the core ‘British Values’ of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faith and beliefs.
- Encourage children to ‘live the values’ in all aspects of their lives both in school and out.
- Promote values to pupils in every aspect of school – through work and play.
- Promote values in the way in which we as adults interact with each other and with pupils.
- Improve behaviour and conduct by developing strong values within the pupils at the school.
- Display our school values and encourage all visitors to take account of them during their time within the school.
- Encourage parents to support the programme at home by promoting the ‘Value of the Month’ to parents in newsletters and through Value Workshops within classrooms.
- Encourage children to use our ‘Learning Values’ as a positive approach to completing their learning tasks to ensure they succeed with confidence and self-belief.